The One Phrase You Should Never Say!
I’ve said it.
You’ve said it.
It’s sad, depressing, and can do more damage than good to your future.
What is the most negative phrase?
“If I had only known………………………”
It’s very therapeutic to look at the past and learn from it. But anything more than that does these things to your life:
- Takes up precious time; time is the only nonrenewable commodity we have.
- Will not alter what happened in the past. It’s over and nothing is going to change it.
- Reliving pain experiences gest you stuck becoming frozen unable to move on.
- Causes negative self-talk which perpetuates the cycle. This instills low self-esteem often encouraging more poor choices and bad decisions.
- Words are powerful and those who hear and watch your self-defeating energy increases the likely of others to do the same.
- Most importantly, regret is linked to disease. The long term effects can cause physical and mental illness ultimately at times death.
What You Can Do when you have let yourself down:
- Relax and let time pass; don’t rush gettig back into your happy place.
- Be as gentle and kind with yourself as you are others who are broken.
- Reach out to others who have survived similar losses and are moving forward.
- Learn from the past. The more you repeat something the harder it is to undue the behavior.
- Honor yourself as a human beling realizing that it’s ok and normal to make mistakes.
- Teach others from your mistakes
- Know and repeat affirmations: Example I am a soul having a human experience and I am doing the best I can at each moment. I am loved and here to learn. All is well.
Please follow and like us: