How to find out if you are the guilty partner silencing love’s glow or is it him!
You know you need to need to find out what’s happening in your relationship if:
- The sound of the key turning in the door makes you want to throw up.
- You would rather get a root canal then have that tongue go down your throat one more time.
Ever felt this way when your honey came home?
Why wonder lay in bed night after night running through the details of your day trying to figure out if it’s time to stay or go. Is he making this relationship impossible or are you just nasty pouncing on him like a cat after a helpless innocent mouse.
Who is the LOVE Terminator?
The FIVE observations you should be looking at:
- Who did the last little favor to make the other person’s life a little easier? How was it received? Was it reciprocated? (AKA When you are IN LOVE with someone, it’s just natural to pick up their dry cleaning, make their favorite cookies, or rub their feet)
- When was the last time you chatted about your sex life? (Having sex isn’t near as intimate as the conversation about it.)
- What was the last meaningful conversation you shared over drinks or dinner? Or, has all communication been left for friends, family, and co-workers?
- What was the last FUN thing you both laughed about? (Can’t remember…cause for concern. Healthy, fulfilling relationships need some deposits of fun to carry it from grey days to dark days to sunshine again.)
- Nights alone at home…do you enjoy being with them or is one on the computer while the other watching a movie? (Privacy between a couple is the time for rekindling not dwindling.)
If these hit a resounding cord in your present relationship, it’s time to step back and observe who is pulling away before it’s too late.
If it’s you think about why you have emotionally left the building and if it’s them…ask them these questions ASAP.
- Are you punishing them for a past hurt?
- Have you already left the relationship and are giving hints to your lack of commitment?
- Is there something that has been bothering you and you are shutting him or her out, rather then sharing your fears?
Is it too late?
Only if you or them want it to be.
April of Course
You may also like: